We’re hiring! Communications Account Coordinator (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander)
May 31, 2021
- Supporting not-for-profit and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations
- Work from home position
- Identified Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander Role
If you’re a news buff with a passion for social and political cause campaigns, then you’ve found the right place. Fifty Acres is an award-winning virtual communications and government engagement agency that works with amazing organisations and brands.
We’re looking for an Account Coordinator (an Indigenous-identified position) – committed and wanting to take on the full breadth of PR, marketing and engagement activities and looking to grow over time within our agency.
Fifty Acres isn’t a traditional agency; we’re flexible, so you can work from wherever you have an internet connection. We also take pride in working on projects that we care passionately about. You’ll get opportunities to work on everything – the sky’s the limit.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: PR, media and communications, journalism, politics or marketing – formal qualifications a bonus
- Demonstrated excellent writing and content development skills for a range of channels including media, social media, digital platforms and websites
- Have an understanding of the media landscape, with some experience developing targeted media lists and pitching stories to journalists
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects or tasks at once
- Be confident in managing client relationships and attending regular client work-in-progress (WIP) meetings
- Be willing to travel interstate when required and to work outside of standard hours
- Agency or government experience will be highly regarded
The role will involve:
- Managing small accounts and ensuring projects are managed according to deadlines and budgets
- Developing engagement and communications plans and liaising with clients
- Developing media lists and pitching stories to journalists
- Liaising with stakeholders and influencers
- Developing a wide range of communications collateral, including media releases, invitations, social eKits, blogs, key messages, fact sheets, policy submissions and more
- Keeping abreast of communications trends, political and current affairs, and the daily news cycle to help identify opportunities for PR, engagement strategies and tactics that get results
- Assisting to drive new business opportunities
This is an Indigenous-identified position. Depending on experience, the successful candidate will be engaged at a more junior level (officer) or more senior level (specialist).
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and the names of two references to Jo Scard: email@example.com
Strictly no calls.