Join the Fifty Acres team
Jul 05, 2019
If you’re a senior PR professional all-rounder, have a strong understanding of government and strategic media engagement, and a passion for social causes, then this is the role for you. Fifty Acres is an award-winning virtual communications and engagement agency that works with amazing organisations and brands.
We’re looking for an experienced, driven Senior Account Manager who can hit the ground running and drive our client strategies forward.
Fifty Acres isn’t a traditional agency; we’re flexible, so you can work either at a co-working space or from your home. We also take pride in working on projects that we care passionately about. You’ll get opportunities to work on everything – the sky’s the limit.
Qualifications and experience – to be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in PR/communications
- Qualifications in communications, journalism, media or PR
- A very strong understanding of politics and current affairs
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to deliver quality engagement and communications strategies
- Excellent writing and content development skills for a range of channels including media, social media, digital platforms and websites
- A strong network of media contacts
- A willingness to travel interstate when required and to work outside of standard hours including the occasional weekend
- Experience working in an agency and/or public policy, policy writing, and campaigns will be highly regarded
The role will involve:
- Managing small and large accounts and project teams ensuring projects are managed according to deadlines and budgets
- Developing engagement and communications strategies and liaising with clients
- Managing PR campaigns including high-level media pitching
- Coordinating large and small events and meetings and liaising with stakeholders and influencers
- Liaising with political influencers, VIPs and high profile people
- Developing a wide range of communications collateral, including media releases, invitations, social eKits, blogs, key messages, fact sheets, policy submissions
- Keeping abreast of communications trends, political and current affairs, and the daily news cycle to help identify opportunities for PR, engagement strategies and tactics that get results
- Assisting to drive new business opportunities
Previous agency experience is desirable. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you fit the bill, please send your resume, examples of recent work and the names of two references to Asha Serpless at email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Account Manager application via Fifty Acres website. Strictly no calls. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.